Summer Reading 2023
Summertime at the library is full of fun programs, awesome crafts, and of course reading! We have something for everyone including babies, kids, teens, and grown-ups.
Book Babies: Every Monday in the Children's Department at 10:30 am for kids aged birth-2. Join us for stories, songs, and finger plays. No registration is required.
Terrific Tuesday at 10:30 am is a fun program for kids aged 3-5. We'll have a couple of stories and an easy craft for your kids to enjoy! Our program will last about one hour. Stop in the Children's Department for Terrific Tuesdays with a different theme and activity each week!! Unfortunately, our program is full at this point. Please continue to check back every now and then to see if a spot opens up. Thank you for your interest!
Wonder Wednesdays are new to the library. We'll have this program each Wednesday morning at 10:30 for kids aged 6-11. We'll work on some STEAM (Science, Tech, Engineering, Art, and Math) ideas and kits and teach you some digital skills for gaming. The program lasts for about an hour, but you can stay longer. We'll meet in the Community Room on the Second Floor of the Library for this program. Our themes change every week and are planned so that we can learn to work together! Unfortunately, our Wonder Wednesday program is full. Please continue to check back every once in a while to see if there are any future openings.
ThinkFun Thursday is a tech skills class for kids aged 8-11. We'll build robots, learn how to code, and experiment with Snap Circuits and other engineering kits. We'll meet in the Library's Community Room at 10:30 with Digital Librarian Lauri to learn new digital skills and interests. A new skill will be demonstrated each week along with activities that will help kids develop their digital interests and skills. Click the icon to register
Click here to see what is happening for teens at the library this summer!
Sign-up, read, and log minutes to earn an awesome prize pack! This is for all ages!!!
Read between June 1 and July 31 to earn an AWESOME library prize pack.
* Wee Ones (Ages birth to 2) - Read 200 minutes
* Pre Readers (3 to 5) – Read 400 minutes
* Kids (ages 6-11) - Read 700 minutes
* Teens– Read 1000 minutes
* Adults- For every book you add, you earn a chance in our end-of-summer raffle!
Saturday, July 29, 2023
11:00 am-2:00 pm
Yellow Creek State Park, Beach Pavilion
Come join us for our Summer Reading Wrap-Up Party at the Park!
Our last summer reading event for the year will be a fun time at Yellow Creek State Park at the Beach pavilion. Our party is for all those who participated in any Summer Reading Program at the Library including Book Babies, Terrific Tuesdays, Teen Tech U, Wonder Wednesdays, ThinkFun Thursdays, Wee Ones, The Craft House, and STEM PLAY Day and/or logged in minutes for The Great Reading Adventure!
We'll have lots of fun things to do, food, and the beach to relax on for our last time All Together for the summer.
The party will happen, rain or shine.
What's our plan for the day?
*Park Educator Lisa Meadows will be leading us on a Stream Critter Walk at 11:10-12:30. Please wear clothing and shoes that you don't mind getting dirty and wet (Or preferably bring extra clothes and rubber boots for the stream).
*We'll provide a light lunch and refreshments @ 12:30.
*After lunch, you can relax on the beach or take part in some fun games with prizes and paint some more Kindness Rocks (All the ones we painted at the Kick-Off Party are gone!).
We have rental of the pavilion all day, so those who choose to stay and play on the beach have access to our pavilion even after we leave.
If you are planning to attend, we ask that you please register for the party on this website before Thursday, July 27th at 6 PM so that we have a good count for the Stream Critter Walk and lunch.
Click on the link above and it will take you to registration.
Thanks for participating in our 2023 All Together Now Summer Reading Program!!
Did you know that we have FIVE book clubs at the library?
These weekly programs are still going on too!
1) Book Babies: Every Monday in the Children's Department at 10:30 am for kids aged birth-2.
2) Mommy, Me, and a Cup of Tea on the second Thursday of June & July at 10:30 am for the parents of kids aged birth-15 months.
3) Kids Grow! on Wednesday afternoons @ the Community Gardens at Mack Park at 3:30 pm for kids 6-17.
4) Wee Ones will take place in the Storyroom of the Children's Department on Saturdays at 10:30 am for kids ages Birth-2.
5) The Craft House is a self-directed Arts & Crafts program for kids ages 6-11 and is held on the first and third Saturdays of each month in the Craft Area of the Children's Department from 1-3 in the afternoon.
6) STEM PLAY Day for the kids 6-11 who like Tech takes place on the second and fourth Saturdays of each month in the Craft Area of the Children's Department from 1-3 pm.
*These programs do not require registration.*