Prohibited Behaviors at the Library
PROHIBITED BEHAVIORS AT THE LIBRARY
The following behaviors are not permitted in the Library or on Library grounds because they may either interfere with the enjoyment and use of the Library by other patrons, may be a health or safety hazard, or because they are not consistent with the mission of the Library. Engaging in any of the behaviors below may result in the loss of Library privileges and/or legal action.
- Being under the influence of alcohol, or selling, using or possessing alcohol on Library property. It shall be permissible to consume and/or possess alcoholic beverages only during Library-sponsored events where alcohol is being served.
- Being under the influence of illegal drugs, or selling, using or possessing illegal drugs on Library property.
- Smoking and/or using tobacco products.
- Using restrooms for meetings, loitering or for solicitation for immoral purposes or for the consumption of alcoholic beverages and/or illegal drugs.
- Annoying, harassing or threatening another person, including but not limited to physical, sexual and/or verbal abuse, whether another Library user or Library staff.
- Behaving in a disorderly, loud, or boisterous manner.
- Having any animals except for a certified assistance animal.
- Damaging and/or vandalizing library property.
- Engaging in any activity in violation of federal, state, or local or other applicable law.
- Engaging in solicitations without the approval of the Director.
- Disruptive use of cell phones.
- Consuming foodstuffs of any kind in the computer area.