- E-mail accounts are not available, but library staff may assist in setting up an email account on Internet software.
- Librarians are available for a limited amount of assistance in using the Internet. Since the staff must assist other patrons as well, they cannot spend large amounts of time guiding patrons through the Internet or other software while at a service desk but may be able to offer searching suggestions. For extended instruction there are other resources available. Patrons may make an appointment for in-depth training concerning Internet computer jargon or personal computer use.
- Patrons may not change workstations unless a problem arises with the computer. Please notify the Reference Librarian if the computer is not working properly.
- No more than two (2) people may use a computer workstation at one time. The patron who signed in at the Circulation Desk is responsible for operating the computer.
- Use of the computers at the Library is a privilege, not a right. Any violation of the Library’s Computer Use Policy is unethical and may constitute offense. Violations will result in loss of access privileges and appropriate legal action may be taken.
- This policy is subject to change at the Library's discretion.
Revocation of Computer Privileges
Patrons who have misused their computer privileges will be suspended from access to any computers in the library for six (6) months. An additional offense will suspend the patron permanently from any of the computers.