Do you have any job openings?
Indiana Free Library is seeking a new member of our team!
Job Title: Adult Services and ILL Librarian
Full-time, 35 hours per week, Non-exempt.
Position Summary: The Indiana Free Library is seeking a new member of our team to attract and engage our adult populations with programming and collections. This position develops and maintains the non-fiction, AV, and reference collections and offers responsive service for Interlibrary Loan requests. As part of a team environment, this position offers customer service and performs all tasks necessary to offer great innovative service to our adult patrons.
· Respond to public inquires and reference questions using both print and online resources and assist patrons in navigating library resources.
· Respond to interlibrary loan requests, processing all matters in a timely fashion.
· Initiate, plan, and facilitate a variety of adult programs and special events targeting the PA Forward initiatives.
· Maintain records, statistics, and generate reporting for services rendered as requested for record keeping.
· Develop and maintain quality collections and displays to support reader interests.
· Support communications to coordinate functions with other team members in a positive manner to promote team success.
· Previous experience with library services or Interlibrary Loan is preferred.
· Strong written and verbal communication, listening, and presentation skills.
· Excellent computer skills and experience with MS products and digital resources.
· Ability to work independently and coordinate activities with good communications.
· A working knowledge of professional standards, cataloging, and collection development.
· MLS or MLIS degree from an ALA-accredited library school or equivalent degree.
· The ability to pass state and federal child abuse and criminal background checks
· The ability to offer technology training or programs for workforce development is a plus!
· Ability to operate computer equipment, printers, and peripherals with ease and sometimes for long periods.
· Ability to handle packages up to 25 lbs. and operate mailing equipment
· Ability to move freely among the stacks, lifting, kneeling, or reaching as necessary.
· Ability to push a full cart of books with reasonable accommodations.
· The position will remain open until filled.
· Starting Wage: $19.00 per hour/ 35 hours per week/ 12 holidays/ paid time off after three months/ AFLAC options available. This library offers a 3% match for retirement benefits.
· Please apply on the Indeed online resource where more information is available, upload resume and references, no calls please.
The Indiana Free Library serves approx. 33,000 residents of the Indiana School District at the county seat and heart in a rural county with an active University. This library enjoys the healthy support, pride, and appreciation of an engaged community. Please consider being the newest member of our team!