Special Events Community Outreach
This program is intended for those seeking occasional volunteer opportunities throughout the year.
Outreach volunteers are called on to assist staff with programs and events inside and outside the library and may be asked to help set up for events, prepare materials for programs, and/or accompany the outreach librarian to off-site events. Those with an education background or experience are a plus.
- At least 16 years of age
- If 18 and older, able to obtain Pa. State Police Criminal Record and Pa. DHS Child Abuse History clearances, as well as sign a disclosure statement (for those residing continuously in Pa. for the past 10 years) or obtain FBI Criminal History clearance (for all others), before starting service
- Willing to work with the public
- Have good customer service skills
- Have a general knowledge of the library and its mission
- Evening and Saturday availability is essential
For questions regarding the Outreach Volunteer Program, email firstname.lastname@example.org.