The Indiana Free Library is committed to the promotion of lifelong learning. As part of that commitment, the Library will provide free public access to the diverse and unique resources available on the Internet. In accordance with the Library's selection policy, the Internet may not be used for accessing material that is not in the realm of information normally provided by the Library.
- Copyrights or trademarks may protect information available through the Internet. Transmission of copyrighted or pornographic material in violation of any federal or state regulation is prohibited.
- Patrons should be aware that the Internet contains offensive material. The Library cannot block material that may offend.
- The Internet is a vast worldwide network with very few limitations or restrictions. Not all sources on the Internet provide accurate, complete, or current information. The Indiana Free Library is not responsible for any information obtained on the Internet. Use is at the patron's risk.
- Any malicious attempt to harm or destroy data is prohibited. This includes the uploading or creating of computer viruses. Hardware and software may not be modified or destroyed. Users may not turn equipment on or off, change settings, or load personal programs onto the computer.
- Patrons may not use the Internet at the Library for any commercial or for-profit purposes.
- Users should be in good standing with the Library.
- Users must read and agree to abide by the Library's Internet Policy.
It is a felony offense in the state of Pennsylvania "to display or cause to display any explicit sexual material... on any... viewing screen… in such a manner that the display is visible... in any establishment where minors, as part of the general public… are or will probably be exposed to view all or any part of such materials." (Title 18 Penna. Crime Code - Sect. 5903) Therefore, viewing of such material in the Library will not be permitted. Violation of this provision will result in immediate termination of Internet privileges.
Since the library is a public forum, privacy while using the Internet cannot be provided. Users are also cautioned that all transactions and communications in an electronic environment are vulnerable to unauthorized access.
Internet use will be on a first-come, first-served basis. In fairness to all our patrons, the Library has set time limits on the use of the Internet. There will be a half (1/2) hour time limit if others are waiting. Time begins when you sign in.
Be polite. Use appropriate language online. Do not use the network in a way that disrupts the use of the network by others.
Printouts are $.25 per page for color and $.10 per page for black and white copies or scans. The copy machine is self-serve and coin-operated. Change is available at the Service Desk if needed.
Internet searches must be completed 10 minutes before the Library closes.