Indiana Free Library
Mission: To serve and strengthen our community by supporting literacy and lifelong learning
Vision: IFL - Premier library and cornerstone for community life
We Value Accessibility, Respect, Service, Knowledge, Quality,and Lifelong Learning:
- Accessibility - We aim to make the library a welcoming, accessible environment for all members of the community. We support intellectual freedom and unrestricted access to information in order to promote a democratic society. Our goal is to make the library a place of learning and discovery and to provide a forum where information and ideas can be shared in a nonjudgmental, nonthreatening manner.
- Respect - We treat our patrons and each other with dignity and with respect for privacy and confidentiality. We value the diversity of our patrons and of the ideas, information and materials they wish to explore. We solicit, listen to, and thoughtfully consider the opinions of patrons and of each other.
- Service - We work hard to insure that our patrons receive the highest possible level of library service. In response to the diverse needs of our patrons, we offer staff that is friendly, approachable, and effective. We want every patron to leave the library satisfied with the service they received.
- Knowledge - We recognize that human knowledge and our means of accessing that knowledge are regularly evolving. Our programs and services reflect and reinforce basic, information, civic and social, health, and financial literacies.
- Quality - We strive for ongoing excellence in library services and programs. As keepers of a public trust, we commit to integrity, competence, and quality in all of the library's professional efforts.
- Lifelong Learning - We believe that learning should never stop. We commit to helping our patrons pursue their educational, informational, and recreational needs as these emerge over a lifetime. We will consistently strive to provide our patrons with opportunities and resources to enhance their personal and professional lives, to expand their horizons, and to appreciate the joys of learning.